Thursday, August 22, 2019

SCRAPPY STRINGS TURNED INTO A QUILT

This is a block I worked up a few years ago trying to use strings from all my scrap...I liked it so well that I developed it into a quilt later...

Right now I cant tell you the measurements because it is hanging in the closet ready for borders...but it is really a striking quilt in person the picture doesn't do it justice....



As I remember I don't have a clue what to do with the center of each block....I am not sure I would quilt a flower in there as it could go to male for a gift...

At first I thought of southwest stencils but there isn't too many of them around and I am not sure I am that good of an artist to do any drawing of my own...

Also as I recall it will need a border I think so I was wondering about using the string borders I made also years ago...I think it would really accent it.

But then it might call for a plain ivory outer border...just a lot of decisions to make yet...its always in the back of my head to do it this way...it will all depend on the size of the quilt itself..

There is 2 years of catching up with my quilting and sewing that I haven't blogged I need to get busy lol....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment