Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I NEEDED A BOOST TONIGHT

I was feeling a little blah tonight so I went looking through my files just to pass the time....I ran across the file that has some of the dolls in it that I dressed for the Salvation Army back starting in '96 to give to kids at holiday time ....I participated in that for 10 years dressing over 200 dolls in that time...they ran a contest with different categories to make it more interesting...they also gave each sewer a basic pattern for a doll dress...if you wanted more you designed it yourself...which I did with almost all the dolls I did.

This is what I entered in the 'Other Lands' category....she did place first place but I have to laugh now...I must have been crazy...I cut apart silk flowers in tiny pieces and resewed them in a tiny flower rope to use where ever you see flowers on the doll....couldn't find anything for grass skirt so I used the little cheap spools of different colored ribbons for the skirt...she has a cloth body so you had to cover that with a blousey top...she is one of my favorite ones....seeing her is just the boost I needed tonight...

I had one of those worthless feelings I get now and then when my health kind of overtakes my body....it makes me feel like I am not me anymore...I know that may not make sense to a lot of people but I am sure it does to those with illness....

I know its not quilting but I promise I will get back in there next week if not sooner...I have to be in and out of the house for errands a lot during the week so will see how I feel....I would like to get in there over the weekend.....more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment