Wednesday, May 20, 2015

GRANDMOTHERS FLOWER GARDEN QUILT NO.4

Today I finally got a picture taken of grandmothers flower garden no.4...this is in the series of I think 6 will be made...I say 6 but I am afraid there may be some hexes leftover that I made need to use up after no. 6....On no. 3 I decided these quilt tops needed a personality lol...so I started adding borders to them...it wasn't all that hard to do...

On finishing  them after I quilt I will cut off the points and the zig that is sticking out on the ends so I can add binding on all of them...

My daughter came this afternoon and took her purse home...she was pleased that there was a zipper in it....that purse gave me a lesson I never thought of...a new way to put in a zipper that was recessed in a bag....hope I remember how it did it if I want to do it again.....more later....

1 comment:

  1. oh, that's always the issue with hexies... cut off the zigs or not. I think I will cut them off my next one, as the last one I did an envelope turn, and another I sewed to felt so I didn't have to finish the edges. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete