Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A LITTLE QUILT WITH A STORY

When looking through my photo albums yesterday I found this little quilt...a little story came to mind....

My mother in law was a long time quilter and lived on a farm..one of her egg customers was a big shot in the old Princess Peggy factory that made house dresses in Peoria, Illinois in the 1940-50's...she often brought my MIL fabric sample sheets...my MIL would use them in a quilt....

One day she gave me some sheets she didn't want....I moved them from place to place wondering what I was going to do with them ... my hubby told me to throw them out...I couldn't do that lol...

One day several years later I finally said' today I will make a quilt with these little 1 inch things'...my daughter likes old things and I had her in mind when I started...I had to find sashing and borders with something that looked very old...When it was done I told her about it ..She remarked 'I love it and it looks like it had been drug through a rainstorm and had weathered'....so I guess you would say it was a success lol....

One thing for sure I don't think I will ever make another one that ends up less than 1 inch squares.....but then I also say 'never say never'.......more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment