Friday, August 5, 2016

SODA BOTTLE CHALLENGE DONE

Today when I was suppose to be doing other things I worked on an online challenge...we were to use the colors in the Squirt soda bottle to make something quilty....

My daughter liked the little basket I made while back so I asked her if she would like one if I made it...her answer was yes she would use it for scrapbooking...that was my clue on how big to make it...I even had all the scrap fabric on my table stacks to use....The basket is 3 inches tall and is 7 inches square...the corner pockets are just right for scissors or pencils...

There are 100 squares in that little thing though it doesn't look like it....I could have made it easier though if not a color challenge by using just 2 colors and making the basket...the colors are a little off...the peach looks pink and the yellow looks white... if you are checking the squirt label lol....when I first heard the colors I thought what am I going to do....but I think the basket is very colorful so I am happy with it....

We had our quilt meet yesterday and it was really a good one in spite of our sweltering heat...all but 2 were there....lots of show and tell and a big variety of things...

I have not a thing planned for my supper tonight...got hamburger out of freezer but don't think its going to thaw in time....maybe good night for breakfast...bacon, eggs and fried potatoes....that really sounds good to me....

Been working here and there on flower garden quilt but not much to show at the moment....some days too hot to sew other ones I'm too lazy lol....but I have to get qulting I am so behind....stay cool (or warm)....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment