Monday, October 21, 2019

STRINGS AND MEETING ON LINE FRIENDS

I picked up sewing again today...its sporatic with me now as it bothers my back so but I wanted to work on this quilt...I have 1 row done and 3 more to go....I send tops to an organization called 'Quilts Beyond Borders'...they take quilts finished, tops and finish them and distribute to kids world wide....all my string quilts so far have gone to them....and my basket of strings is pretty full at the moment....

Last week I had the opportunity to meet with 2 ladies that I have been on line friends with for 16 years in a quilt group...one ws from Alaska and the other was from Michigan....we met at nice restaurant about half way from where they were visiting....it was so nice to finally meet them and we all agreed to try to do this again....


I have had 2 irons quit working on me this week....I have one standby left and I hope it doesn't go bad before I get another.....I think the ones that have auto shut off go bad  quicker that the others...the best iron I have had is a cheapie  and it has out lasted these....

I have a partially done bag sitting on the counter to be finished and I would like to make more of them....maybe for Christmas presents....going to try to do more sewing ….I just cant sit very long at one session and that frustrates me to no end.....we will see how this works out.....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment