Wednesday, August 2, 2017

SIZE MATTERS

While sitting at my sewing table I started digging in my clothes basket of blocks...I like stars so I grabbed this bag...after analyzing it...I noticed it has odd size squares...this could be a lesson here ...now all of my cut squares are 'standard' quilt sizes...why did I cut these odd?
In the picture notice that size is 1 3/4 in squares...normally I would not do that but I think I had some leftover pieces I wanted to make stars and this was the size it took...but it will call for a lot more cutting of new fabric instead of using partial strips already cut...not a good plan....so I will try to think up something to do with them without too much more work with them....good lesson to learn if wanting to use scrap...

I worked with my graph paper last night on my 'new' block and came up with 2 varieties...gotta make the other block today and with a little luck you will see pics nex time...

I have groceries to get sometime today and  hopefully I will get to the quilt meeting tomorrow...missed the last 2...so lots to do today....more next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment