Monday, February 8, 2016

IS GRAY THE NEW BACKGROUND COLOR????

I have  been meaning to post about this for some time and i keep forgetting it unless my memory is jogged looking at color....

I have noticed in a lot of mags and shops that different shades of gray seem to be used as background fabric in quilts....I also noticed when i go to order at my favorite place that i cannot find many whites that are in stock....Now i know most fabrics are imported to the states so i am wondering if  companies arent making whites or is the public grabbing them up as they hit the market....I also wonder if gray is taking the place of white or black because of lack of  fabric on the market....I am full of wondering today lol....

I have a quilt started with a very light gray which i like...my preference is the cream color for background...my daughter , the one who like primitive says the cream color makes a quilt look old which she likes....i just like the blending making the quilt look softer....

I guess i will keep wondering about these things till someone can shed light on my thoughts...today though is off to a good start with getting things done so i can sew later....maybe pics later in the week.....always something going on here....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment