Friday, November 8, 2013

YESTERDAY, NOT WHAT I PLANNED! AND MORE HEXES?

Yesterday I finally put some effort into accomplishing something and had to have laundry soap so I went to $General to get it...then I thought ok I will pick up a chicken dinner at the store and I wont have to cook my supper....WELL, I got the soap and then on the way to the store I just kept on driving and found myself out in the country looking for fall colors....and ended up in a neighboring city with the idea of going to Walmart but I went by it too and ended up at a little fabric shop...I don't go there very often as they stock mostly primitive type fabric and some country....but I thought I could pick up some small yardages of florals I needed for my 'mini grandmothers flower garden' quilt....which I did!
 
Right about now you are thinking 'another flower garden quilt?'...well I had hexes from the 2 big ones I am making so I needed to do something with them... and I needed some hand sewing to do while sitting around...so I am making a smaller quilt with posies of 2 rows then the white , later I will add I hope applique floral borders...
 
and believe me it is going much faster than the full grandmothers flower garden quilts...only one problem I need a little more variety with this one...calico prints such as these are getting hard to find in favor of the brighter newer style fabric...
 
I did find a few fabrics that will blend ok in this quilt I think...

 
the yellow prints are the hardest to find....maybe I will have to have a swap with the quilt group to see if I can pick up some....
 
My plan yesterday was to wash up the fabric order I got this past week and some I had been putting off till I went on my little excursion...I hadn't done much else all week so I thought maybe that would get me back going again....so now today I will try it instead lol....In my order I got a couple blues for binding I thought would be good with that blue quilt I need to finish.....more later...

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that with the moods. Decided today it has to change. You might ask in your swap for 30's and 40's prints. They maybe would be another choice. I know I have to get hand work going for watching TV with my husband. Good luck on finding your variety. Chris

    ReplyDelete