Thursday, October 25, 2012

ELONGATED BLOCK QUILT

I was looking back through my sewing pics and i came across a quilt pic i took in 2007...boy how time flies...i didn't think it had been that long since i made this quilt....
suprisingly i remember how much i liked it then and would like to make another one in different colors...that much i know...the colors?....no idea as of yet but now that i have it fresh in my mind i am sure i will think of color combos that might look good...the picture should have been taken the other way around to show off the colors better as the long boxes should be up and down....

I also noticed that lately i have been making blocks with sashes around them.... i wonder what the deal is with that....do i go with an idea till i wear it out???....hmmmm i will ponder that one!....lol...

my sister called last week and in the conversation she mentioned that she cant go anywhere without her walker now...and that got me thinking that she needs a walker caddy....so i have been 'scouting' my stash cabinet for a good print to quilt to make her one....i got called away so i think i will go back in and start looking again....i wanted to make her a tv remote chair caddy so i think i will just start a box and fill it and send...i was reminded that the postage will go up again in Jan '13 so it would be good to beat that if i could....wont she be suprised lol.....

i have a gazillion notes and figures sticking out of the box i keep my rulers standing up at the head of my table in the sewing room....some have written on them which of the items they were for and others dont....i found a notebook that i am starting to take them and transfer the notes to the notebook for safe keeping in case i want to go back and make another....some of them would be for quilts that have found a new home and i wouldn't have the dimensions otherwise...i should have done this a long time ago....sigh!

i made it to the store yesterday and got my chicken dinner for my supper and took advantage of the sales they had and by the time i carried my grocery bags to the house from the garage i was beat so i didn't make it to $general to look around....maybe today i might...my daughter informed me she was stopping by after she gets off work so i need to be here then....time has a way of getting away from me before i do what i say so we shall see lol....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment