Friday, October 26, 2012

CUTTING HEXES TODAY

THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING TODAY


I am doing hexes again....i am running low on white ones after adding them to several blocks recently...while in the sewing room marking and cutting more hexes i decided to cut a couple batches of prints to add to my box for future ones....i also basted a whole block (lavender/ lavender print in pic) ready to start sewing together and to the right of those in the pic is  some of  the posies i have sewn the white half way around ready for adding to the row....

I know it doesn't look like a lot but it is a lot of patience sewing....that is the hardest thing about this grandmothers flower garden quilt...it seems if i dont work on it when i first get up and have my coffee the day gets by me and i cant seem to get to the hexes....

today is no different either....i got that much sewing done on them but i have laundry to do and i think i will throw in a larger yardage piece of fabric to do up for the cabinet...i hate doing the bigger ones as i really dont like to do ironing of anything....that is one of the memories of my childhood...mom thought she had to have everything ironed back then...ugh!....i was so glad when wash and wear came along when my kids were growing up so i didn't have to iron much....lol

dishes are in the sink soaking right now...need to do those up....i was thinking when i was drawing water ....'how does one person dirty so many dishes?' lol....but then it isn't just one day of dishes either lol....

well off i go to the kitchen...more coffee, maybe some toast ...it might be a long time to supper if i get busy and one good thing...i cooked yesterday so supper is in a casserole dish for me tonight ..yay! lol.....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment