Saturday, September 13, 2014

STRINGS ARE MAKING ME A LITTLE BUGGY

For the last two days I have been making 'string strips' for a border of one of my new quilts....

I haven't measured to see if I have enough made but it looks like I should have.....

I only worked out of my little basket that I keep close by to add anything under 1 1/2 inches wide...this picture doesn't show it overflowing...that is why I started making them this week...because the scraps weren't going in the basket anymore lol and I couldn't stand it...now the basket pretty much looks like the picture...almost empty....so glad I didn't have to get out the big box that has more scrap in it...that is always a huge mess if I get it out....

I will have more pics later more little stuff has been made and I have a quilt to show that you haven't seen yet ...it too needs borders ...in fact these strings is part of the border for it....

It turned off cold this week and I had to turn on the furnace...I didn't think I would keep it going but its cold outside and there is no sense of me freezing...my arthritis gives me enough trouble....

well I am off to bed its been a long long day and I am really tired.....till next time....more later....

2 comments:

  1. I have started to make my Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt. Hand sewing is slow but I like doing it. By the time I get it made I bet I will get faster. LOL
    I really like how you do all of your borders. It has gotten very cool here and that is not like Sept . more like late Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an effective border you made. And I love a good scrap project!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete