Sunday, June 22, 2014

ELABORATE QUILTING ON FINISHED QUILT

Sunday is suppose to be a day of rest but right now I am deciding whether to sew most of the day or leave and take a drive and eat dinner out somewhere...the weather is nice so far but the ever looming threat of rain is in the forecast...

I did wind up the camera this morning and took the picture of the finished quilt I did for my granddaughter...she wanted a scrap of fabric that had fairies on it made into a quilt...the picture is a little off color..that is robins egg blue....not lavender....
yeah it was a challenge considering I only had about a fat quarter to work with....so there were a lot of sashes and borders which meant a lot of  blank space to deal with...well I decided to get elaborate with my quilting....

I had a nice big feather border stencil but it had no nice corner with it so I tried designing one but I could not do it justice so I found a shell block stencil that worked really good I think...its the most elaborate hand quilting I have done in a long time...

Other sewing I have been doing is the flannel receiving blankets I told you about in last post...I did 3 of them...I haven't made up the rest of the leftover fabric but they will be lap pads I think...I will be sending them away to a family member soon along with some other things...

I have more to tell ya about but not right now..it was a very productive week and into the weekend so keep looking more is coming...I am lovin' this sewing streak!.....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment