Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HEXES AND HOUR GLASS

this morning i am having trouble getting started with my day....when i loaded a bobbin in my machine i noticed my bobbin box had a lot of bobbins that only had a few feet on them....so that told me to get out the hexes and use those few feet of thread for basting my hexes for the gfg quilt
i need to start adding the white ones around more blocks like the picture so i can add them to make a row and it will take a lot of white ones....i seem to be always running low on those....if i start working on this quilt again i wont be able to put it down....and i have a lot more things i need to work on too....

i quit and now not feeling very well...not sure why but i am going to try to sew and forget my 'ails'...my back is also bothering me so that could stop my sewing cause it probably hurts from all the sewing i have done lately....

i finished this runner yesterday....

wasn't sure i had the right color for quilting but luckily i did....the hour glass blocks i made years ago lots of different color combos...made one quilt from them and for some reason i made a whole bunch more....i am trying to get them used up...why on earth i made so many is beyond me....i guess i was pretty new at the strip piecing at the time so it was fun to make them....but now i think i only have 1 more runner made with green  to finish and i hope i dont find more hour glass blocks hiding in my basket lol.....

a bit ago i was thumbing through a mag and found an idea  for a modern block table runner from an advertisement of a big quilt....just what i need another idea but i seem to thrive on them lol....i just need someone to come after me and finish as i think them up lol....hopefully i will feel like working this one out later today i am anxious to see how it turns out....and it will use up some more odd pieces of batting...

i reordered some fabric other day and have another order coming that i am waiting on....have a few pieces of fabric to wash and iron and will include the new order when it gets here this week, maybe get them all washed up ....then i might be ready for working on my fall color quilt....

i am getting very anxious to see what it will look like....from the block i made and the adjustment i will make on part of it i think it will be very pretty with a big variety of colors....

i think its time for me to lie down for a bit and see if i can shake my ailments so i can get on with things....maybe a nap will help.....more later....



No comments:

Post a Comment