Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS SEWING

I guess the cooler weather we have at the moment got me thinking about Christmas sewing...its been on my mind all this week....last year i got the brainy idea of making A christmas quilt to use some of my christmas stash...well as time went on i found i was doing ok and decided tomake 2 of them...and that in turn developed into 4 quilts...about 40x55, one each for my 2 daughters, sons gf and my granddaughter....
they are all shown here with the finished quilts....i started them back in late August 2011 and had good luck with all ...granted they weren't hard as they were simple 4 and 9 patches...i wanted them similar but not exactly alike and that was achieved....i am just happy i got them done in time to present them at Thanksgiving dinner for 4 suprised girls...and it was the biggest undertaking i had done all at one time....

as i mentioned in one of the last posts i have some Christmas place mats to finish...but now i am looking for more patterns of things to make.... years ago i got another brainy idea but didn't follow through with it....i wanted to dress old  world santas....i gathered some vintage items and went so far as making a clay head for one that would fit the hole in the top of an empty soda bottle to use as a base....ha! my clay head looks more like Freddie Krueger of nightmare on elm street so my daughter says....but with some white for a beard and a little white hair and eyebrows i think he would work....i have dressed dolls in the past and dressing santas wouldn't be that much of a difference for me...i might look into that again and see if i can make it work this time....more on this later....

I  want to make a couple fall table runners...in the past i have been gathering fall fabrics, oranges, browns, rusts and now i am lacking a few neutral tans....i dont do much fall decorating but would like a nice runner for my table if and when its cleaned off and i can put it there with my candle sconces...which lately hasn't happened....

time for me to get going on my day....its noon lol and i am still sleepy but i have a lot to do today and hope i can get most of it out of my way before i quit for the day....happy sewing....more later....

1 comment: