Sunday, May 1, 2016

LOOKING LIKE A FABRIC STORE

I have been busy this past week and through the weekend washing and ironing more fabric...cant wait to use them...the purples and blues will go into the star quilt  and i see i will be using some others in another quilt....i have already used some that arent here...i should keep track how much yardage i use...lately its been quite a bit....

I am almost done with the border on my daughters Flower Garden quilt...hers was one of the two i first made and had no border after all those i did with a border she also decided she wanted one on hers....so she picked out a green color i dont like lol....so its been hard for me to work on it...a little story that goes with that color and a memory so i think about it when i work on it....i know....its stupid lol....

I have golds and tans waiting to be washed next....there are some beautiful batiks in that load that i cant wait to use....i do have an idea but it has to be worked out yet...i would like to get the star quilt put together first...that will be awhile...with that quilt i am not ever sure how many blocks i will get with the background fabric...

Its been a quiet Sunday so far and i am going to sit back and enjoy my last cup of coffee before work more....more later....

2 comments:

  1. there are some colors that are hard to work with. for me it is yellow, not sure why I just dont like using yellow in my quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems if i use yellow its mostly very light as a background or a back of quilt....in a group yellow can stick out like sore thumb..

    ReplyDelete