Saturday, January 30, 2016

SORTING YARN THIS TIME

I have been very busy the last couple days...one thing i did was to drag out all my yarn bags and boxes of leftovers....I knew i had a lot but i was suprised to find just how much....I sorted it all into types of yarn and colors....between then and now i crocheted a neck scarf out of i think it was baby yarn. 2 ply...it is so soft and silky feeling it will be a pleasure to wear close to my neck...no itching with this one...i had another skein of a different color that i am working on now....i think it will be a soft infinity scarf....not sure ...I am winging it...no pattern so we will see how it works out...

I also took all 149 blocks of those little square in square one i have been making and i found that my bricks 1 1/2 x 31/2 were the same size in series of 3 as the blocks so i made a stripe quilt....i will say one thing its bright and striking....pictures later when i find a border....being i use all the background fabric for those blocks so now i have to find something that will blend with it....dont want to add any more colors....

My eyes are getting really tired now after all that sewing and crocheting so i guess its off to bed for me.......more later...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing what we hang onto. I have two bags of yarn and a clothes hamper full also. I plan on making scarves for the homeless shelter. I have to many things going right now. Have a good one. Chris

    ReplyDelete