Tuesday, October 20, 2015

SORT. SORT. SORT THAT MESS!

I spent yesterday working in the sewing room trying to organize the mess on my sewing table....I swear it mounts up over night...i have been putting my 2 in strips and 1 1/2 inch strips back in their boxes and cutting more from the ends of fabric yardage that have been laying around....and of course filling up my string box again....as you can tell i found the table top.....maybe after i get all the mess sorted and cut i can find more combos for things....maybe do a little Christmas sewing from them...

And then that leave this mess...the stack against the wall that is climbing...its the small pieces under 3/4 yard...some of it is the prints that i have been using for the flower garden quilts and the rest has been accumulating...i wont cut into them unless i need them for something then cut what is left into the usual strips....i pretty much keep it under control even though it dont look like it....i will stack it neater when i sort it....i dont keep them in containers as i would be digging in them constantly looking for  'stuff'...so the mess continues lol....

I have been thinking of making some cosmetic bags for my family for Christmas and after all this is a little more organized maybe i will find more things i want to do with it....i have enough 2in-1 1/2-3-3 1/2 in. squares on the machine cabinet top now to make leader and ender quilts for awhile so i dont think i want to cut more for that at the present time....i would like to find more ideas for other things......

Ok time to get going...got a huge grocery list for the store that they can deliver later for me....that is a godsend for me as i am not suppose to carry much because of my back....sure hope they dont discontinue that service....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment