Monday, September 1, 2014

HERE AND THERE BLOCK MAKING TODAY

First I want to  say hi to Patsy...I liked your comment and glad to see that you are working on your hexes....stay with it you will be rewarded in the end....
 
I am having a little letdown day today....kind of a double whammy....its the holiday and family is all busy with their lives and it would have been my second hubby birthday today....so I am trying not to think about 'things' and just live!....Nothing in particular going on except I have been working in scraps most of the day and I haven't even got dressed....still in my pj's....but what's the dif....its only me here .....
 
I put the bag of the mistake WIP blocks away for now...for some reason it really bugs me to work on them....I think because they are hard to press with all those seams and the fabric likes to move too much when working on it...not a real tight weave....
 
I got out the 2 inch strip box and the 1 1/2 inch strip box and started making 'boomerangs'....I had a lot of 1 1/2 inch x 3 pieces so it worked out quite well and I am getting more off my counter....finding lots of good combos lol....
 
Also made a set of 4 mug mats...really pretty...will have pics this week for sure....had to do a little fussy cutting on those but they look very modern and it uses up a piece of fabric I had laying around since I made my daughter a quilt...
 
I had a very difficult time going to sleep last night and didn't get up till almost noon today so not much day left then so I have not eaten much and need to figure out my supper....maybe get a shower, wash hair ...see if it improves my mood......more later....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement on the hexagon because there are so many to do.
    Hope you feel better about today-- tomorrow-
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete