Friday, August 1, 2014

WELCOME TO MY "MESS"

Today I worked in my sewing room....it is a total mess!....I have a bad habit of starting too many quilts at a time and have fabric all over the place....Sometimes I think I should just gut the room and start over.....but I don't know where I would put all the stuff in the room elsewhere.....
 
Today I cut 2 inch squares and some 3 1/2 squares...
 
 and a couple other shapes out of leftovers including the ends of strips from when I cut out hexes....there was a mountain of those....too nice colors to just throw out...
 
I tried to straighten up the counter and organize the quilt UFOs that are scattered all over grouping them and bagging them for the time being...
 
well I didn't get far with that either cause I made some blocks as I was trying to organize...while doing all this I found a 9 patch quilt partially put together and a mountain of 9 patches waiting for sashes....I will have to figure that one all over again just not sure where I was going with it....
 
As you can see I have a lot of work to do....there is a chair to the left of the table that is piled high with UFOs and fabric that needs washed and other things waiting to be taken care of....I wonder if I will ever get caught up....more later.....

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see that my "mess" is not the only one out there.....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three quilts going and cutting out hexagons from left overs when I sit and look at the news at night. We have to keep those hands busy.
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete