Tuesday, August 5, 2014

QUILT POLICE AND QUILT REALITY

Sitting here today with my coffee in hand trying to wake up from a no sleep night (just a 3 hr nap was all I had) is making me thinking about one of the comments made recently....

In this comment she speaks about making a new quilt before the last one is done....I thought about this and what would happen if I waited to start another before the last was done....

Well first off I probably would never make a quilt again lol.....I seem to be a person that has to have a dozen things going at once to the point where I get frustrated because it seems nothing is getting done....but I get bored easily....I am sure I am not the only person that gets this way...lol....

One big advantage is when I have a lot of quilts that I work on at a time when they all get close to being finished I will have a lot finished at once making me look like a quilt wizard lol working so fast when in reality its been a long time lol....

One thing for sure this ole gal is soo glad there is no quilt police for if there were I would be in quilt jail for a long time for the many short cuts I find along the quilting adventure and the different ways I find to do things and I am sure the quilt police wouldn't like the fact that I am left handed and that I do things my way to get results.....

So for all you younger and more inexperienced people who want to try quilting go ahead and feel free to try new things....who knows you may become an expert on the subject one day......more later.....

1 comment:

  1. I have lost count of how many projects I have on the go. What does it matter? The point of all this is enjoyment. Carry on Carol we are in the same quilt camp.

    ReplyDelete