Monday, August 25, 2014

NEW QUILT TOP

I have been busy again, oh I know I say that every time but its true....I have pictures today lol....this is just a small sampling of the ones I have been working on...First there is my disappearing 9 patch quilt...

its ready for border if I put one on it...it is already 50x70....I only have enough of the light green left that I can use for it...this quilt had strikes against it from the beginning....first it was 1 way print...next it was such a dark emotional print lending itself to I think Edgar Allen Poe...the print has ravens on it so I nick named it my 'Poe' quilt...next when I ordered it I thought it was black and beige but when it came it was black and very olive green....I still like the print and I hope I have taken away from the dark emotion that the print first conveyed....it doesn't make me unhappy at all...by cutting up the print it changes things....

I had some 2 1/2x3 1/2 scraps left over from a small quilt that was just right for mug rugs without changing anything....

 so here is a set of 4 ready for gifting....I have been going through a blue period in quilting this past week....I have 2 blue quilt tops to show you next time...

I have been doing so much sewing that I have my neck and back in an uproar right now so today is a no sew day.....

I am still working on clearing off the sewing table but the more I clean off the more I use it and add to the mess but I am gaining....I wish there were 4 of me so I could get more done in a day lol.....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment