Saturday, August 30, 2014

BORDERS AND MORE BORDERS

I knew I had been sewing a lot the last week so sleeping in this morning was welcome...but I missed my sewing shows that run on Saturday mornings...grrrr....makes the second week I did this....between that and the PBS fund drive the station has I am missing a lot of shows...especially fons and porter shows....

Getting back to sewing...yesterday  while looking at the stack of fabrics and ufos  on one of the chairs in the sewing room I ran across an old hour glass quilt top that I decided needed to be made bigger....the extra blocks were right there with the quilt top but I hadn't done anything with them so yesterday was the day!....when I leave the net I am going in and see if I have fabric in cabinet for the 2 borders I want to use on this quilt....it has a big mixture of colors in it so its hard to picture what will look good as a border....I don't like the borders to stick out like sore thumbs so it will have to blend with the quilt....I hope I have a big yardage so I can use for a back and maybe the borders too ...more on next week.....

I also have the 'Butterflies on my roses ' quilt ready for border too....didn't have enough of the blue for the border left but I use that blue a lot so ordered more for it....if the color doesn't match up  when it comes then I will use the rose color as the border...more on this next week too....

Hopefully I can get the dining table unloaded so I can pin those two small blue quilts and quilt them this week....so much going on right now and omg I need to figure out if I am doing Christmas sewing or not....

Ok gotta get out of here...more pictures coming next week when I get the borders on these quilts and who knows where I go from there.... I am trying to post more with pictures of what I am doing...not always easy to stop  and think to take pictures as it happens....its always a surprise around here lol....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment