Tuesday, July 8, 2014

HOLIDAY PROJECT WAS PUT ASIDE TILL NOW

The holiday weekend didn't go as I thought it would....I had a project all ready to work on to keep me busy...It was a small quilt using disappearing 9 patch block and using just 2 different blues leftover from other quilt borders....I did get the center done and added a navy thin border and it is waiting for an outer border to finish the top....but....

My son in law's father passed away Friday night and I was involved with things for the family through Sunday...Monday I had to rest....I completely wore myself out cooking things....I guess I don't have the strength to do that much any more...

I gave up big dinners years ago because of the stress it was on my body....I still hate it because I did enjoy cooking for a crowd but my legs and back just cant take it....

No pictures today but I will take them later...I will also have pictures of putting the fill in sections to the mini flower garden quilt.....I have been doing hand sewing on that quilt when I don't do anything else and I think I am on the last row of this one....I will know more when I lay it out and look at it again.....if you want more info on the flower garden quilts - the small flower and the bigger flower ones are in the label section under GRANDMOTHERS FLOWER GARDEN....if you haven't tried one of these you should its very rewarding but very time consuming...

Its lunch time here and my banana for breakfast didn't go far so I guess I need a sandwich to get going and oh yes work on the mess in the kitchen....don't know how I dirty so many dishes lol.....more later......

1 comment:

  1. Will be looking for your quilt photos. Take it easy. I know what overdoing can do to the back.

    ReplyDelete