Saturday, June 7, 2014

WORKING ON UFO'S FOR A CHANGE

It seems the harder and faster I work the behinder I get!!...And that is a fact!!!....Today I sit here thinking about all the piecing and quilting I have waiting for me everyday and sometimes its mind boggling...and today I feel it....It makes me wonder if I will ever see my big pile of UFO's finished...not to mention the big basket of blocks which at the present time is wayyyyyy overflowing...
The basket is in a corner and its piled a lot higher than this right now....

I made up my mind to work on those UFO's today...I have one in mind that may not take too much work to finish..
Its a small quilt one of those modern baby types I did while back..this one was done with the leftovers from the others....I thought I had a picture of it somewhere but after looking I didn't find one....Oh well it will be a fresh picture when its finished a surprise for all of us...lol....hopefully I can finish it by the end of the weekend...

I attended our monthly quilt meeting Thursday and our show and tell revealed most of us is working on 'scrappy' quilts...I took 1 section of my scrap basket quilt to show and gave them basics on how to make one but I doubt if anyone will...they seem to have their own ideas just like me lol....

We are going to change out meeting place again...The monthly rent for the ideal place we were in the first time went way up and our small group could not afford it so we moved on but there were steps and not all convenient so now we are going to move again..this time no steps but farther to drive for a few people...

In a small town and county there just isn't a lot of places to hold meetings even small ones like ours...some places that have the room don't like to rent them out to any groups other than their own preferences....but we will keep trying lol...

Well off to get started...again I am starting late with my day but I will probably be up late so maybe it will even out....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment