Sunday, June 15, 2014

UPDATE ON BABY QUILT WIP

In a couple weeks the year 2014 will be half over...I got a late start to the year of sewing and quilting by starting out sick in January and having surgery in February and recouping March and April....

In May I really started working on sewing again...and I got a bit overwhelmed at what I had ahead of me in the line of quilting WIP'S....I have really concentrated on finishing some of them since and getting the mountain of batting out of my way.......

I hope the last half of the year I can get most of them quilted...so far in the last 2 weeks I finished 2 baby quilts on the machine and I am in the middle of hand quilting another one....

Today I have 1 side of the baby quilt hand quilted....I have a wide ribbon and feather border going at the moment...it measures about 5 inches wide and it didn't have a corner with it so I spent last night and part of today designing trying to come up with a corner....Without much luck I turned to the block designs I had and found a shell pattern that looked like the feathers in the bigger design so I used it for the corners and I am putting one in the center of each side....it looks pretty neat...Its the most hand quilting I have done in a long time on one piece....no picture today but it will come later....

I am inching closer to getting my other daughters snowball quilt finished...got the fabric couple weeks ago for the back and border...its bigger, will take up all my table space to lay it out....it will be  nice to get it done too...I am sure she would like to have it....back to quilting....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment