Friday, June 13, 2014

PLAYING AROUND WITH A NEW BLOCK

Yesterday I pretty much spent the day in the sewing room...at times trying to put some things away off my table...then I would get side tracked and find enough leftovers to make something...such as a couple potholders...then I worked on a new block...
this block idea was made by one of the ladies at the quilt meeting this last month... I can't remember the name she called it...I was so interested the idea would not leave me alone so I had to make one up.......I just kept going with the 'stuff' that was on my table...then I made a different version of same block...the light in the big squares....
boy what a difference color values made....if I make a quilt from this block I will really have to watch the color values so an odd one doesn't stick out....then again using the positive and negative opposite each other might work differently....have to play around with this one....I have a lot of light colored prints...more on this one later....
 
I bet I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what I did with my 'Dewey' blocks....
well today I remembered they were still in the bag I took to the quilt meeting to show...Dah!...I had run across some fabric on the table that would have been right for the Dewey block but could not remember what size triangles I needed and needed to see one of them....maybe today lol.....
 
I like our nice 70 degree weather we are having but the house feels so cold....maybe its because I have been sitting  beside a hot iron most of the day sewing then I feel cold when I am finished...the temp says 71 in the house so that should be ok so I guess its just me....
 
Maybe a cup of coffee will warm me up this morning....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment