Monday, June 9, 2014

PLANS CHANGED FOR UFO SEWING

Sunday turned out to be a bummer!...

After many obstacles in my way to the sewing machine to quilt I finally sat down to work on this baby quilt....as you can tell I didn't get far.... my back start hurting soon after starting....Then my arthritis stared kicking up a fuss so most likely there is rain coming today...I will try again later today to work on this quilt...its been laying around for a couple years now and it would be nice to get it finished...

My fabric came for the border and back that goes on the 'scrap basket' quilt ...

at first I wasn't sure I was going to like it but it is growing on me and I think it will work....I know I didn't want a solid for a border as I didn't use many solids in the quilt and didn't want the border to be the focal point of the quilt ...there will be a dark red narrow border between the main part of the quilt and the blue border....

After looking through all my loose batting I find I better start piecing or making things with the sizes I have....I am getting too many leftover pieces laying around...yesterday I pieced the batt that went into the baby quilt which worked ok so will have more thoughts on my 'batting mountain' later lol....hmmm maybe a fall runner or head start on Christmas....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment