Sunday, April 13, 2014

TRYING OUT A NEW-OLD BLOCK

Saturday evening I had the opportunity to go into the city with my daughter and son in law...I really enjoyed the evening but came home very tired....I had a lot of  places I needed to go for supplies and got them all done....even a trip to the grocery store for things I cant get here in town....

I have been playing around with a block from an old quilt mag from the 1980's called Deweys dream quilt....I thought I would make up some and see how it would look in a quilt...

then I got curious so I searched the name and found several variations lol...all of them a lot different from each other so I guess I will call my quilt a name and leave 'Dewey' out of it lol.....I think I will be able to use up a lot of my 1 1/2 inch strips leftover from projects in this...I may have to use fresh solids to co ordinate them though, I probably wont have scraps of them big enough....

My plan is to make maybe 1 each night or a few a week till I get what I want them put them together so we shall see how it works out....

It is a rainy afternoon today so I have planned to wash and iron some fabric and get it off the dining room chair...I have too much clutter sitting around right now and its bugging me....

Ok its time to get out of here and get on with my day (got up late today to start with) got to make up for time lost lol.....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment