Tuesday, December 17, 2013

READY FOR CHRISTMAS NOW!

Ok, Christmas can happen now!....I have everything made that I was going to...as of this morning I have it all wrapped ready to go.....

I guess that means I need to do a little cleaning up around here....I have done some but I always get sidetracked soon as I find fabric or other sewing items....or maybe its just an excuse to stop cleaning lol.....

I made 9 crocheted dish cloths and have a couple that will be made from the leftovers maybe this evening....I will keep them for me to use....no pics but if you have seen a crocheted dish cloth most likely you have seen them all lol.....

I washed and ironed 4 big yardages of light colors for either backgrounds or backs or both yesterday....I was looking this morning and being I have it all set up for ironing those big pieces I could do about 5 more and get them out of the way and into the cabinet.....that would be a big plus as I don't like to iron  lol.....

Speaking of crochet-- if you get bored with sewing your fabric you can always sew 1/2 inch strips together and make something like a pad to set hot food on like this one here....

I was playing around other day with this as I was throwing away too many of those pieces...they were too small to add to my string quilts...I just sewed them end to end with a couple stitches and this is what I got....I could have done a better job I think but I was experimenting at the time....I also used a K hook for this....
 
Well I have to get around and get productive as its almost noon and I need a late breakfast...not moving the fastest so far today.....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment