Tuesday, November 12, 2013

SWAP RUNNERS AND A BINDING CHALLENGE

Today was a good day and I got a lot done, well for me it was a lot lol....been washing fabric according to colors the last couple days and about all I have left is the big yardages....grrrr, someone please come do them lol.....

Tonight my daughter came back with the baby comforter she is making and now its my turn....I get to put the binding on...this could be a challenge!...when she and I was laying it out she wanted the bat doubled which I think make it thicker than a fatt batt....I was looking at it tonight so I think I will have to hand baste it first to get it to lay enough to machine stitch the binding....should be interesting!!!

Early in the fall I joined a fall runner swap and just recently everyone finally got finished so we are posting what we received....this is what I got...really nice size, a nice addition to my table....
this is the one below that I sent to my partner....I had to mess with the brightness button with picture editing to get the colors to come up....
 
don't know why but some of the colors in fabrics lately don't look good photographed...I almost kept it for myself as I was liking it a lot when making it....now I joined the Christmas swap and another table runner with a box of other goodies....
 
I have decided on the fabric for the back and binding for the blue quilt with the log cabin type blocks...going to look at it one for time before I go farther to see if I want to add another border....haha this quilt is mostly borders....I have never done one quite like it lol...maybe never again...but the quicker I get this one done the better...just not too proud of it lol....but it will be a good snuggler...not hand quilting it either going to wind up the machine and quilt it....
 
well I suppose I better make quick run to the kitchen and do up some dishes before I start any sewing and they wont be lurking in the morning....more later....

1 comment: