Thursday, October 3, 2013

SEWING A LOT BUT TIME OUT FOR QUILT MEETING

I just got home from our little quilt group meeting...its the first meeting in our new different place....we were forced to change because of rising prices at our former location but I think this new one will work fine for us....the winter months will tell the story about the maintenance....more on this later....

I got my sons fish quilt done last night....I had to rip out the binding on one side...it kept twisting and leaving ripples along the edge of the quilt...finally had to hand baste it to get it all to lay right....I don't have an even feed foot but if I had one I think that might have solved the problem....my machine is really old and some parts are not available...I am going to buy one for my Huskvarna portable machine though....

The fabric came for the snowball quilt I am working on....and its just right...just a little darker than off white without being too brown....so will wash that and be on my way to making snowballs....I will need to have this quilt done by Christmas....

I will have pics for the blog sometime this week....lots going on in the world of sewing here at home...every place I turn I have a project in various stages....

So for now to the wash machine to get started.....more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment