Friday, October 18, 2013

CHECKING COSTS AND PRICING BABY QUILTS TODAY & ANSWERING COMMENTS

Today so far I am going over the costs and pricing baby quilts that I have not done so and deciding which I would sell if had a chance.....not such an easy task for me....

Some of the quilts were made with one of kind fabric that I liked and could not make again so those I might not want to part with like this one....it came about from the border I used which was a piece left from the first project my granddaughter and I made for her....a wild print pillow....I used colors that was in the print and every scrap of the wild print in the blocks....its one of her favorite quilts and mine too....

call me sentimental lol....but I did get a fair amount done....some were already priced from the craft show....

It was a good time to start stacking quilts in my closet space that I cleaned out while back....it is starting to fill up and I don't have the big quilts in there yet....I think I better be looking for another space somewhere in a closet here lol.....

thank you Chris for commenting about the corduroy quilt....I have never made a denim quilt...though I was tempted years ago when my son was growing out of his jeans....but after the feel of the heaviness of the denim I opted out of that notion....I admire you Chris for doing more than one of each the corduroy and denim....I don't think I would have the patience lol......

thank you Trish of Love of Quilts for your question about fabric....yes I do wash all my fabric first that goes into my quilts...I don't like how much they wrinkle up after they are washed so I try to keep that from happening before.....I like them to stay as new as possible and they are softer against the skin too especially for babies....I don't dry them in the dryer if I can help it either...most if any shrinking comes from the poly batt I might use...

No comments:

Post a Comment