Monday, October 28, 2013

ALMOST DONE WITH SNOWBALL QUILT CENTER

I have been working mostly on the snowball quilt but a few things have gotten in the way but I can say I am almost done with the center....
 
I have this much yet to do, just one corner and then I can decide on the quilting for the borders...no problem with the red border just straight line quilting there  on both sides of it,but the 5 inch border will take some thought....
 
Earlier I thought I could come up with a design using a heart and ribbon and freehand  it but I didn't like what I drew so gave up on it...no use beating a dead horse lol....
 
I ordered some new stencils so maybe one of them will work....I haven't had time to really get  involved with that yet...maybe later today I will be able to decide on which one I will use.....
 
My thoughts have been on a custom order that I have an opportunity to do....the customer had all kinds of ideas, too many in fact...those needed narrowed down and she wanted 2 over sized lap quilts hand quilted for  less than what I have to have and done by Jan 1 2014....too many factors so I am going to turn it down....the month of December is usually a very busy month so I don't think I could have met the deadline either...I used to take custom orders for sewing years ago but now I know why I quit...just too stressful...
 
I am going to enjoy my lunch for a few days and maybe my suppers too....so what you say!! lol....I made a big kettle of homemade veggie soup Sunday, put one container in the freezer for later...I will grind the meat into a sandwich spread to use also so I wont have to do much to have a meal for a few days....lots of sewing ahead lol....so now I am off to the kitchen for lunch....more later.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment