Sunday, September 29, 2013

WEEDING OUT CLOSETS TO MAKE QUILT ROOM

Well this week end has been a busy one but not with sewing this time....but is sewing connected....puzzled????

I don't have enough vacant room to put my quilts as I get them done at the present so I started looking around in the closets...I have things from my past, from my parents, my hubbys and my kids....I guess my life!....I started in a closet that I can get rid of decorating things first...things that  I will never use again...like 2 copper sconces that tarnish and you have to polish them constantly....that is why I don't use them lol....and there are others...

Now I am waiting for help cause I got to the heavy boxes that require muscle which I don't have and they need to be moved to a different shelf so I can gain a 4ftx6ftx 3ft deep space to store my quilts...that will give me a lot of space....so I have to wait for a couple days till help comes lol....so it will be back to sewing.....

I have almost all the print blocks made for the snowball quilt I am making but the plain fabric hasn't got here yet...I hope its not too dark....my daughter like primitive and things that look old so that is what I am trying to achieve for her....more on this later....

I think I have enough string blocks made now and sashes on almost all of them....I will be close to running out of the sash fabric when finished so not sure there is enough to use for border....more on this later too....

Tonight I think I will get the binding sewn on my sons quilt unless I get sidetracked so I will see how it goes....more on the whole thing later lol.....have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment