Thursday, October 18, 2012

MODERN RUNNER

I had been in kind of a slump the past few days...lost all confidence in my machine quilting and was just plain down....today would have been my wedding anniversary to hubby #2 so i suppose that could have been what started it...anyway i will leave this afternoon for awhile and get out ....that should help my mood...sure dont want to lose my sewing streak i have been on....

oh wow my baby grandson will be 17 this next week....it takes me back to his yowling, howling days ....he would not sleep when he was a baby....you almost had to get him in a wrestling hold to corral him so you could try to rock him to sleep....what a time we had....my daughter is having a wiener roast in honor of his and his cousins birthday which are 1 day apart on saturday....i checked the weather and its suppose to be a nice day but very chilly....but it will be nice anyway....

i had a call from a friend this morning who recently lost her hubby...i thought about her yesterday while quilting on my granddaughters quilt....she and a group of ladies meet once a month to quilt but they arent a guild...just some that like to sew...they have invited me several times to join them...well i need to make the effort....they meet at 9 am...i am lucky if i am up at 9am....by the time i get myself woke up its noon and they quit at 2 pm....that is about the time i think if that is the week they meet....i am going to vow to do better with this....

though i was down in the dumps this week i did manage to work on the easy block being i was cleaning off my sewing table....i had a lot of the scrap that was just right for those with a few  slices of the cutter...some i had more than one block and others just a single one but the scrap is off the table....

i now have 41 blocks made....and i have a lot of strips on the machine cabinet sitting waiting to be added ....after looking the strips over i think there will be a good variety of colors without cutting more....and it sure will use up a lot of pieces....

time to get going....coffee is gone and i need to get dressed and decide just where i will go this afternoon...hmmm weather looks rainy....grrrrr.....more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment